Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Brown, Cameron and the lack of foreign policy

Still recycling other material, I am afraid, though the paper I have been labouring on mightily will be finished tomorrow and blogging will be resumed with a vengeance. Double vengeance.

In the meantime, let me flag up, as they say, a theme that is beginning to worry me and all of us at the Bruges Group. Why is it that neither Prime Minister Brown nor the Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition has something resembling a foreign policy? Indeed, why is it that neither of them nor their respective underlings, the youthful looking Foreign Secretary and Shadow Foreign Secretary, have any interest in foreign parts?

This article was offered to the new political magazine, Total Politics, but found no space in it. Instead, I have put it up on EUReferendum2, the outlet for longer articles.

No comments: